MED-EL Privacy Information for applicants
acc. to Article 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
in connection with the collection and processing of your personal data in the context of the online application on the MED-EL online job portal for MED-EL job offers
1. In the following, MED-EL Elektromedizinische Geräte GmbH (hereinafter referred to as "MED-EL") informs you about the collection and processing of personal data (this is all information that can be directly or indirectly related to you personally, such as name, address, etc.) you provide in the context of your online application on the MED-EL online job portal.
MED-EL operates an online job portal at www.medel.com and https://jobs.medel.com/ on which interested parties can apply for specific jobs advertised by MED-EL or submit unsolicited applications.
2. The data is stored exclusively on servers in the EU.
3. The submission of both, an unsolicited application and an application for a specific listed position require the provision of mandatory information and optional information in the fields "Application", "Personal data" and "Application documents".
When filing an unsolicited application, the "Application" field requires as mandatory entry the desired MED-EL branch, the pre-selected work area, the extent of employment and, as an optional entry, the earliest possible start date and the pre-selected current employment status. When applying for a specific listed position, the "Application" field requires as mandatory entry the pre-selected information where the applicant has read the advertisement, the extent of employment and, as an optional entry, the earliest possible start date and pre-selected current employment status.
The "Personal data" field requires as mandatory entry form of title, first and last name, date of birth, postal address, nationality, e-mail address, telephone number and preferred correspondence language.
The "Documents" field requires as optional entry the sending of one of the pre-selected documents (cover letter, application documents, recommendation, photo, curriculum vitae, letter of motivation, publications, testimonials/training and other documents) as well as further freely selectable information.
4. The data that you provide as part of an unsolicited application or application for a specific listed position will be processed by MED-EL in any case for the duration of the application process and for nine months after receipt of the applicant data by MED-EL.
The nine-month retention period results from the standard three-month period of the application process from receipt of the application until notification of a possible rejection and the six-month period following the receipt of a rejection during which the applicant may assert claims under the Equal Treatment Act (Gleichbehandlungsgesetz).
5. MED-EL is committed to the security and protection of applicant data and applicant information. To prevent any unauthorised use or disclosure, MED-EL has taken appropriate physical, electronic and administrative measures to ensure the security and integrity of the applicant data and applicant information collected online. For this reason, the data entered in the online job portal will be stored in a secure database of MED-EL and deleted from the Internet environment.
6. Information according to Article 13 GDPR:
- Responsible controller: MED-EL Elektromedizinische Geräte Gesellschaft m.b.H., Fürstenweg 77, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria, Tel: +43 5 7788, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The responsible data protection officer can be contacted directly via email@example.com or by the above mention postal address attn. Datenschutzbeauftragter
- Purpose of data processing: operation of an online job portal for the purpose of submitting and receiving applications for specific listed position and unsolicited applications.
- Legal basis of the processing: consent of the data subject(s), performance of a contract (implementation of an application process) and compliance with legal obligation (Equal Treatment Act; Gleichbehandlungsgesetz).
- Categories of recipients: management and Human Resources department of MED-EL; the MED-EL department and MED-EL branch for which the specific position is listed or to which the tentative application applies.
- Storage period: for the duration of the three-month application process and (in order to defend against possible claims under the Equal Treatment Act; Gleichbehandlungsgesetz) for a further six months.
- Data subjects' rights: Applicants have a right of access by MED-EL to the personal data concerned and to rectification, deletion or restriction of processing, as well as a right of objection to processing and a right of data transferability. Furthermore, applicants have the right of appeal to the supervisory authority (in Austria the data protection authority based in Vienna).
Last Update: May 2018